Here at The Law Offices of James Fletcher Thompson, we have a passion for building families through adoption and assisted reproduction. This passion comes from the rewarding work we do, and from the incredible team that makes all of our efforts a reality. Each month, we will give you an insider’s look into what makes life at our firm truly special.
January’s featured team member is Legal Assistant, Rachel Courtney.
1) What is your official title?
Master of all! Just kidding, Legal Assistant is my official title.
2) How long have you worked at JFT?
I came to work for Mr. Thompson and James Fletcher Thompson as a runner in 2002 right out of high school. I worked for them originally from 2002-2009. I have since returned as of June 2015.
3) Describe a typical day on the job.
There is no such thing as a typical day in this office and honestly I wouldn’t have it any other way.
4) Why are you passionate about adoption and assisted reproduction?
I have always loved being a part of helping families come together. The love in both exchanges still shows there is still good in the world and I still like being able to think that way.
5) What has been your most joyous or monumental memory with the firm so far?
I have so many. I did a lot of my growing up years here. My favorite memories will always have to be spending time with our birth mothers.
6) Describe yourself in three words.
Fun-loving (Oops I think that’s two already) and hard-working (I guess I needed four to describe me) and dedicated (I think I might should stop now…).
7) What is your favorite aspect of your job?
Seeing forever families made.